PHD campaigns from Canada, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and China picked up six nominations in the Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships category, while Canada and Australia bagged two nominations each in the Best Use of Data category.
Organised annually by WARC, the global authority on advertising and media effectiveness, this international awards scheme rewards communications planning which has made a positive impact on business results by examining the insight, strategy and analytics that power effective media investment.
The Effective Use of Partnerships & Sponsorships category looks for how collaborations with third parties, including native advertising and sponsorships, have helped brands meet business goals.
The PHD campaigns shortlisted for this category at the WARC Media Awards 2019 are:
- Jump on the Wagen (Volkswagen), PHD Canada
- #ThisIsOurTime (ŠKODA UK, Volkswagen Group), PHD UK
- Max Your Summer (PepsiCo), PHD Australia
- Famous Names (Skinny), PHD New Zealand
- How Zhonghua Shone Through (Zhonghua), PHD China
- Bye Bye Beetle (Volkswagen Beetle), PHD China
The Best Use of Data category recognises the role of data in an effective communications strategy.
The PHD campaigns shortlisted for this category are:
- First Timers (Children’s Panadol), PHD Australia
- Red Rock Deli (PepsiCo), PHD Australia
- Fighting Fake News in Real Time (Radio-Canada), PHD Canada
- Digital Window Shopping (SportChek), Touché!PHD (Canada)
The Awards also focus on two other categories: Effective Channel Integration (PHD has five nominations) and Effective Use of Tech (PHD has two nominations). The top winning papers will share a total prize fund of $40,000.
All shortlists are available to view on warc.com.